Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sue Ross Workshop.




The past two days have been somewhat of a revelation for me... I have officially entered the world of Sue Ross... that's Sue in the photo with one of her many quilts "Blazing Stars" need I say I now no longer look @ a bolt of fabric in the same light ??? A Workshop with Sue introduces you to a world of Contempory meets Tradition in the best possible of ways... Oh... &&& I am hand piecing...mind you that requires a tad bit more practice as yet. If you have taken the opportunity to subscribe to Down Under Quilts free for 6 months... @ this Link you will be able to read more about Sue's Quilting Journey in Issue # 133 { that's the issue with the really cool crocheted edge Quilt on the cover } and see some of her wonderful quilts... &&& you should see what Sue is working on @ present !!! One block has 101 pieces alone & looks totally stunning in two different colourways... can see I will be a regular attendee @ Sue's Workshops every 2 months in Toowoomba as I have truly fallen in love with just Soooo... many of Sue's designs... maybe I should get another job too just for my materials... one of course needs to be supportive of such addictions !!! Lol...



8 comments:

Stina said...

Love that quilt!!! :o)) Hmmm.. so you say I need to start a subscription for this mag!!!! :o)) Haven read any copies of this one.. so I dont know how it is??

Chookyblue...... said...

wow what a beautiful quilt........I would be planning the course too........
is that you beside the quilt????

englating said...

Lovely quilt and I realy like the magazine you talk about..

Take care! and thanks for wonderful homespuns that I got from Stina :)

Sherri said...

Wow...that is one amazing quilt!

Leanne said...

My friend has just started that quilt as a block of the month I think. I enjoy hand piecing did you?

June said...

Oh Helz, I do hope you get this message. I want to thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog today. It warmed me so.
Hugs,
June

Rich said...

That’s so incredible!


SEO Firm

Rose said...

Lovely quilt......


Website Developers India